The Farmer Cooperatives Conference scholarship program is for college students who have an interest in agribusiness and cooperatives. The goal of the scholarship program is to recognize students who have the potential to make an outstanding contribution to the cooperative and/or agribusiness sectors. Scholarships are awarded to both undergraduate and graduate students and include conference registration, travel, lodging, and per diem (valued at $900).
Each award recipient must be able to attend the Farmer Cooperatives Conference November 7-9, 2018 in St. Paul, Minnesota. Students will be recognized at the conference Welcome Reception, and will attend a special luncheon with agribusiness leadership. It is expected that award recipients will submit a short statement outlining their experience at the Farmer Cooperatives Conference.
- Undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at any University of Wisconsin System school.
- Scholarships are based on your status during the 2018-19 academic year.
- You must be able to attend the entire Farmer Cooperatives Conference (defined as arriving no later than 6 pm on Wednesday, November 7, 2018 and leaving no earlier than noon on Friday, November 9, 2018).
The Farmer Cooperatives Conference Scholarship include:
- Full conference registration,
- Reimbursement for bus travel to St. Paul, MN
- Two (2) nights lodging at the conference hotel – Intercontinental Saint Paul Riverfront in downtown St. Paul, and
- Federal per diem rates to cover meals and incidental expenses not covered by conference registration.
Please use the link below to submit your application
Post conference requirements: A paragraph highlighting your conference experience and the impact on your education and future career prospects.
Selection Procedure a & Timetable
- Applications received by Scholarship Chair: October 12, 2018
- Students notified by Outreach Specialist: October 19, 2018
- Students attend Farmer Cooperatives Conference: November 7-9, 2018
Megan Webster, Outreach Specialist, UW Center for Cooperatives, email@example.com, 608-890-1048
Thank you to Renk Agribusiness Institute for financial support of this scholarship.