The Farmer Cooperatives Young Leaders Scholarship Program is for college students who have an interest in agribusiness and cooperatives. The program is a great opportunity for students to interact with agribusiness leaders, exposing students to different segments of the agricultural cooperative sector, and enhancing students’ preparedness to enter careers in agriculture.
Each scholarship recipient must attend the Farmer Cooperatives Conference, November 29-30, 2022 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Students will be recognized at the conference welcome reception and will be paired with agribusiness leaders during the conference luncheon. It is expected that award recipients will submit a short statement about their experience at the Farmer Cooperatives Conference.
- Undergraduate or graduate students enrolled at any University of Wisconsin System school are eligible.
- Scholarships are based on 2022-23 academic year status.
- Recipients must attend the entire Farmer Cooperatives Conference (defined as arriving no later than 6 pm on Tuesday, November 29, 2022 and leaving no earlier than 5 pm on Wednesday, November 30, 2022).
The Farmer Cooperatives Young Leaders Scholarship includes:
- Full conference registration,
- Travel stipend of $100 for transportation to St. Paul, MN
- Two nights lodging at the conference hotel, and
- Funds to cover meal and incidental expenses not covered by the conference.
Please use the button below to access the application.
Deadline to apply: October 21, 2022
Question? Please contact:
Megan Webster, Outreach Specialist, UW Center for Cooperatives, email@example.com, 608-890-1048
The Farmer Cooperatives Young Leaders Scholarship Program is made possible through the generous support of the Renk Agribusiness Institute, the William and Harold Moy Young Leaders Scholarship Fund, and the Ralph K. Morris Foundation.
- Attend cutting-edge educational sessions and network with agribusiness professionals
- Meet face-to-face with agribusiness leaders at conference luncheon
- Gain a greater understanding of the cooperative and agribusiness sectors
- Explore career opportunities in agriculture
What Past Attendees Said About Farmer Cooperatives Conference
While my high school goal to someday work as an agronomist hasn’t changed, what type of company I choose to work for may change. After attending the Farmer’s Cooperatives Conference, I feel more excited about working for a cooperative than any private company. The unique sense of ownership and pride in your work that the cooperative system provides seems to excite me. Additionally, the cooperatives unique ability to prioritize customer and community needs better suits me and the things I value. While my career goal hasn’t changed, after attending this conference I am feeling more clearly led to pursue a career for a farmer owned cooperative and be able to have the unique relationship of calling my customers my employers.Samuel Jesse, Farmer Cooperatives Young Leaders Scholarship Program participant, 2019
As far as topics at the conference, I would say I was must impressed by the technology that was discussed. I worked at a small-town coop that still used a database from the early 90’s so getting to see coops on the cutting edge with blockchain extremely interesting. It was also really interesting to see how the international cooperative that presented to us used technology to aid and serve farmer-members. Additionally, I was truly surprised with and overjoyed at the constant theme of lifting up young leaders and preparing to learn from them. It is so heartening to see an industry you care so much about actively cares about you as well and wants to give you a seat at the metaphorical table.Addison Arndt, Farmer Cooperatives Young Leaders Scholarship Program participant, 2019