22nd Annual Farmer Cooperatives Conference
November 6-8, 2019
Intercontinental |St. Paul, MN
11 E. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55101
The 22nd Annual Farmer Cooperatives Conference will bring together farmer cooperative leaders in St. Paul, MN, November 6-8, 2019 for education and networking. Attendees will spend two days with top agricultural cooperative leadership as they address today’s most pressing competitive challenges. Cooperative experts will present their latest research and cooperative leaders will leave with new strategies and techniques to improve their farmer-owned cooperative.
The Farmer Cooperatives Conference is a national event highlighting the latest strategic thinking on current cooperative issues and trends. It provides a forum for cooperative directors, managers, and those doing business with agricultural cooperatives to learn and exchange ideas with policy, research, and legal experts about issues currently affecting the agricultural cooperative community.
Organized by the University of Wisconsin Center for Cooperatives, the program is developed by a national planning committee with diverse backgrounds and expertise from the cooperative, agribusiness and academic sectors. We are grateful for their commitment.
2019 Planning Committee
- Courtney Berner, Executive Director, UW Center for Cooperatives
- Mark Biedenfeld, Vice President, Aligned Solutions, CHS Inc.
- Mike Boland, Professor and Director, University of Minnesota Food Industry Center
- Marlis Carson, Senior Vice President, Legal Tax & Accounting and General Counsel, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives
- Michael Cook, Professor and Robert D. Partridge Chair, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Brent Hueth, Associate Professor and Faculty Director, UW Center for Cooperatives
- Keri Jacobs, Assistant Processor, Iowa Institute for Cooperatives Endowed Economic Professor, Iowa State University
- Phil Kenkel, Professor and Bill Fitzwater Cooperative Chair, Oklahoma State University
- Jason Lueders, Regional Vice President, CoBank
- Daniel Smith, President & CEO, Cooperative Network
- Jeff Stroburg, President & CEO, Southern States Cooperative
- Thomas Swearingen, Director of Talent Management, Leadership Training and Development, GROWMARK
- Megan Webster, Outreach Specialist, UW Center for Cooperatives
- Tom Wegner, Director of Governance and Leader Development, Land O’Lakes